Student Travel Funds

The Bradley University's Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning (CTEL) announces the availability of Student Travel Funds to support student-faculty collaborative research/creative production activities.

Bradley undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines, engaged in collaborative research and/or creative production with faculty/professional staff are eligible for funding. Successful applicants must demonstrate the student/faculty collaborative nature of the research/creative production. Students must be admitted and enrolled to participate. Grants will be funded up to $500.00/student (up to $1,500/project). Proposals must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the travel start date.

Proposal Deadlines:

Student Travel Funds have open enrollment as long as funds remain available. Grants will be reviewed by the Student Engagement Panel.

Application Procedures:

  1. Complete an application using the DocSoup section of your MyBU portal, located at **NOTE** Students do not have access to DocSoup and the faculty mentor will need to complete the application process. If the faculty mentor is not available to submit using DocSoup, the student may complete the Grant Application Form (click for access) and electronically submit all required materials via email to
  2. Students must submit a copy of the research/creative production proposal that must include relevant background information, including research/creative activity design and methodology, literature review, and full budget justification. Proposals including non-allowable budget expenses will not be reviewed.
  3. The student(s) advisor must submit a letter of support that includes the description of the collaborative effort, resources currently available for the research/creative activity, and should provide information on the ability of the student(s) to complete the project. Letters of support from Faculty/Professional Staff must accompany the request for funds.

Allowable Expenses:

  • Supplies (e.g. small equipment, chemicals, printing costs)
  • Travel expenses (to conduct the research/creative production or to present the research/creative activity)

Non-allowable Expenses:

  • Includes wages, tuition, and course-associated materials.