Sakai Faculty Support
BU Sakai Customized Help (Check here first)
- Getting Started is organized by teaching and learning functions to help you learn which Sakai tool you need to accomplish your teaching goal. It includes links to step-by-step instructions or video tutorials to help you accomplish your goal.
- The Faculty Sakai Guidebook is a comprehensive walkthrough of all basic Sakai Functions.
- Document and Video Tutorials are available for many tasks.
- Faculty and Students can use the built-in Sakai help to learn about a particular tool in Sakai.
- If students can’t see your course site, it may mean your haven’t published your course site – Click the "Publish Now" button in the upper left of your course site.
Beginning the Semester
If you do not have access to your course site, and ACInquire indicates students are enrolled, please contact IDLT staff at email@example.com.
Students are added to Sakai from ACInquire at 5AM, 12PM, and 5PM.
- Beginning of the Semester Checklist
- Add additional Instructors, TAs, Graders, Guests
- Manage Files in Resources
- Click the "Publish Now" button in the upper left of your course site.
During the Semester
- Midterm Grades
- Providing Extended Time for Tests in Sakai
- Turnitin (plagiarism detection for assignments in Sakai)
Wrapping Up the Semester
- End of Semester Checklist
- Final Grades
- Importing Content from one semester to the next
Username / Password Issues
Having trouble logging in to Sakai? Username and Password Not Working?
Your Username (BU NetID) and Password for Sakai are the same as those for your BU email account.
For help with Username and Password, please visit Account Management or contact the Technology HelpDesk at (309) 677-2964.
Sakai Help Contact Info
Instructors or TAs
- Call (309) 677-2344 during normal Bradley business hours, Monday through Friday, or the Technology HelpDesk afterhours at (309) 677-2964.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Sakai FAQs and scroll to the appropriate category.
- Please report problems with specific courses to the course instructor.
- Visit Sakai Student FAQs and scroll to the appropriate category.
- If technical problems occur, contact the Bradley Technology HelpDesk at (309) 677-2964.