Experience and Internships
There are various health related opportunities within and outside of the health concentrated spectrum. Visit Bradley's Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Services for listings of volunteer opportunities in our local Peoria community. The Center is located in Harper Hall 20, or call (309) 677-2428.
Internships and Job Shadowing
In addition to taking pre-requisite coursework and earning good grades, another key to health career development and becoming a competitive applicant is gaining experience through internships and job shadowing. Also consider contacting faculty within your major department regarding research opportunities.
- Summer Medical & Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
(for freshmen & sophomores, especially those underrepresented in medicine/dentistry)
- Medical Scribes - ScribeAmerica
- Positions available at UnityPoint Health (Methodist and Proctor Hospitals) and Midwest Orthopaedic Center (Peoria, IL) in addition to other locations around the country.
- Contact Melissa Rettig, Chief Scribe at Proctor Hospital and Methodist Hospital | Peoria, IL (cell: 309-282-6417)
- Medical Scribes - PhysAssist
- PhysAssist Research - Clinical experience comparison
- Positions at OSF St. Francis (Peoria, IL) and other locations around the country
- You can also contact PhysAssist at (817) 496-1009 or (877) 242-9939 (Toll Free), or email Dave Jackson (Bradley alum and Local Scribe Ambassador/Recruiter) or Julie Kraemer (Recruiter, Northeast Region/Central Group) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie.Kraemer@iamscribe.com respectively.
- Click on the following link to get all the information about working at PhysAssist: #StartinScrubs info page.
- Medical Scribes - Elite Medical Scribes
- EMS Recruitment Brochure
- EMS Benefits of being a scribe
- AVAILABLE NOW -- positions in Peoria, Galesburg, Aurora and Rockford
- Positions in other locations around the country
- Jessica Anghelescu, Recruitment Coordinator can be contacted by phone: 612-564-0367, ext. 716 or email email@example.com
- Health Career Connection
- National Alliance of Research Associates Program (NARAP)
- Screen and enroll emergency room visitors in clinical studies on cervical and breast cancer screenings
- Year-long Chief RA positions
- Opportunities available in several cities
- Please contact Keith Bradley, MD at 203-767-6363 or email kbradley@THENARAP.ORG
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (NEU)