In addition to taking pre-requisite coursework and earning good grades, another key to health career development and becoming a competitive applicant is gaining experience through internships, volunteer work, and job shadowing. Also consider contacting faculty within your major department regarding research opportunities.
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Summer Medical & Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
(for freshmen & sophomores, especially those underrepresented in medicine/dentistry)
- Health Career Connection
- National Alliance of Research Asociates Program (NARAP)
- screen and enroll emergency room visitors in clinical studies on cervical & breast cancer screenings
- year-long Chief RA positions
- opportunities available in several cities
- Medical Scribes - PhysAssist
- PhysAssist Research - Clinical experience comparison
- Positions at OSF St. Francis (Peoria, IL) and other locations around the country
- Leah Duke, Scribe Ambassador (recruiting & marketing for Central Illinois) email@example.com
- You can also contact PhysAssist at (817) 496-1009 or (877) 242-9939 (Toll Free), or email Andrew Matson (Recruiter II) at Andrew.Matson@iamscribe.com. You may contact Andrew Matson directly at (219) 406-0359.
- Medical Scribes - Elite Medical Scribes
Visit Bradley's Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service for listings of volunteer opportunities in our local Peoria community. The Center is located in Harper Hall 20, or call