Bradley’s Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts seamlessly integrates the fields of communication, fine arts, interactive media, and entertainment technology. Inspired by Albert Einstein’s words “Imagination is more important than knowledge,” the innovative work of our faculty and students centers on imagination, creativity, and communication.
The Slane College offers outstanding regional, national, and international programs in art, communication, interactive media, music, and theatre arts. Innovation permeates the Slane College and plays out in its reputation as a world leader in using advanced technology. Alongside an impressive array of traditional mass com, fine arts, and performing arts programs, new majors and areas of study that are exciting and attractive to the marketplace are Game Design, Animation and Visual Effects, User Design-User Experience, Music Business (performance) and Music & Entertainment Industry (nonperformance).
A special niche for Bradley is its major league Charley Steiner School of Sports Communication — recognized as one of the best sports majors in the country. Covering the wide world of sports, the program includes sports journalism, broadcasting, marketing, and play-by-play announcing. Our alumni excel in this field and have been the broadcast voices for the New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Padres, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Mavericks, and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Bradley’s Slane College graduates go far in their fields and careers — literally. During interims and breaks, faculty lead students on the Slane College’s signature Expedition Courses: Milan for sports (soccer) communication; Tuscany for photography and sculpture; London for graphic design, theatre arts, and sports communication (2012 Summer Olympics); Dublin for communication, Paris and Rome for art appreciation; Seoul, South Korea for Communication; Souchi, Russia (2014 Winter Olympics); and Vienna for music appreciation. The Bradley Chorale regularly performs throughout Europe traveling to Spain in 2013 and Denmark in 2016, and the Jazz Ensemble performs throughout Italy, Switzerland, and at the Montreux Jazz Festival in France.
Slane College students also travel to Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles where they meet with entertainment and sports industry executives and artists. Students on these "on-site expeditions" study film, television, and game production; public relations, marketing, and programming; music business; and sports communication.
Bradley’s Speech Team is the most successful competitive forensics program in the country, winning more than 41 national team championships and 153 individual national championships — a record of success unmatched by any other forensic or academic program in history.
A remarkable 44 Emmy Awards, three Academy Awards, and a Pulitzer Prize have been awarded to Slane College students, professors and alumni.
No matter what Slane College graduates go on to do, they take the lead as innovators, drivers, and organizers of change.
- Slane College students can spend a semester of their junior or senior year studying abroad at an array of top-tier foreign universities. They can also spend a semester in Los Angeles at the Bradley University Hollywood Semester where students take academic entertainment classes and have full-time industry internships.
- Bradley was selected as one of only three universities to compete for student internships with NBC Universal for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Souchi, Russia. Students also interned with the 2016 summer Olympic program in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Amazing internships are secured by our students with the world’s leading companies in communications and fine arts.
- The Bradley International Print and drawing exhibition is the second-longest running juried print and drawing competition in the country.
- Bradley's IM Game Design program is nationally ranked by the 2016 Princeton Review as one of the top 20 game design programs in the country.
- On top of all this, The Slane College has (a lot of) great (high tech) gear.