College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Bradley’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences provides the personalized attention of a liberal arts college, with the resources of a research university. If you are curious, passionate about learning, and love to explore, you will find a welcoming home in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Programs within the departments of LAS promote hands-on, minds-on, real-world learning through cooperative education, internships, practicums in clinical settings and research participation. These experiences link the world of intellect to the world of work and practical application, and expose students to the career options available immediately upon graduation as well as to options for postgraduate study.
The mission of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is to:
- Provide an environment for students to develop an awareness of the great issues facing humanity.
- Encourage students to be imaginative, critical, intellectually curious individuals, who will aspire to lifelong learning.
- Develop career interests and abilities appropriate to the needs of the students.
- Foster in students communicative and evaluative competencies.
- Develop self-renewing people in a value-centered interdisciplinary, intercultural, and humanistic context that puts career goals of students into a societal context in ways that will have significant impact on contemporary and future society, and will bring continuing personal satisfaction to them.
Departments and Programs
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Institute of International Studies
- Political Science
- Sociology & Social Work
Sciences and Mathematics
Interdisciplinary Majors and Area Studies
Students, faculty attend chemistry conference
A group of Bradley graduate chemistry students shared research and networked with professionals at the annual PITTCON conference, which is the leading international analytical chemistry conference.
Cranford accepted into top psychology graduate program
Honors Program touring Vienna, Austria
Follow Honors Program students as they explore the historic city during Spring Break
Youth bridge Israeli-Palestinian conflict through music
Bradley hosts Physics Day for high school students
In February, the Bradley University physics department hosted its 5th annual Physics Day for local high schools.