With some exceptions in health careers, students have the opportunity to observe a professional in their interested major in the Peoria community. The "Footsteps" Program provides students with first-hand experience in a professional career. Ninety percent of the students who participated in "Footsteps" enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about the daily responsibilities of that career. While this is primarily for AEP students, all Bradley students can take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
A brief listing of previous AEP student job shadow visits:
- Caterpillar (International Business, Accounting)
- Children’s Hospital of IL Foundation (Marketing)
- Charter Oak School (Speech Language Pathology)
- Ethan Allen Interior’s (Family & Consumer Science—Retail Merchandising)
- Lakeview Museum (History)
- National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research (Biology)
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center--Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation (Health Science)
- Regent Broadcasting (Television Arts)
- Simantel Group Incoporated (Advertising)
- State Farm Insurance Company (Actuarial Science)
For more information about this program and/or to set up a job shadowing session please contact Sherry Winkle at (309) 677-2420.
- Setting up an individual job shadowing experience will take at least a couple of weeks.
- The duration of each “Footsteps” shadowing experience can be a couple of hours or a half-day depending on employer availability.
- Most employers work between 8am and 5pm, therefore all job shadowing experiences must take place during “normal business hours”.