Why Choose CEC?
At very reasonable costs, enrollment in our program produces graduates who are leaders with great job opportunities. We teach our students to become leaders and good citizens inside and outside the classroom. If you want to lead, we will show you the way!
Financial Assistance-Endowed Scholarships exceed $1.5 Million!
- CEC Department has the highest amount of financial assistance available on campus
- Majority of our incoming freshmen receive substantial financial assistance
- Some students attend CEC at costs equal to or less than costs of larger state universities
The CEC Job Fair - 100% Job placement for 11 years!
- CEC faculty advise students in their job search
- Department hosts its own CEC Job Fair
- Average starting salary above the national average
- Companies attending were looking to fill summer internship positions, part-time positions, and full-time civil engineering and construction vacancies
Internationalization - Unique Global Experience!
- Students taught to be leaders & good citizens with knowledge of global dimensions of their profession
- Substantial financial assistance awarded to students to study abroad by industry; additional travel costs are not an obstacle for our students to participate
- Industry support of program demonstrates importance of global experience
- Travel, learn & explore in Egypt, Jordan, England, Denmark, France, & Malta
- Rated one of Bradley’s most popular opportunities
Unique Education - Teaching students to be leaders!
- Ranked 6th among comprehensive universities in the Midwest according to U.S. News and World Report
- Students participate in service projects & contribute to the community & profession through Bridge Pals, building playgrounds, Habitat for Humanity, pocket parks and more
- Through student organizations, students compete with other universities in concrete canoe races, steel bridge building & estimating competitions
- Students are members of five student chapters of national professional organizations
- Participate in national competitions with other universities
- Engage in social events
- Arrange field trips with industry partners
- Invite professional speakers to discuss practical issues
- Volunteer to assist in community projects
Quality Faculty and Facilities - Attention to students’ education!
- Unlike many large public universities, our low student/faculty ratio of 17:1 permits a high level of personal attention
- Teacher evaluations among the highest at Bradley
- Undergraduate students have the opportunity to participate in research projects with faculty and receive financial support
- Faculty have written more than 25 textbooks
- Faculty are dedicated professionals with a genuine desire to share their knowledge and experience with students
- CEC hosts a Fiesta dinner banquet where faculty and students welcome new freshman and transfer students
- Student-faculty meetings are arranged to provide students the opportunity make suggestions for improvements
- Students have the opportunity to attend national conferences and other events to “network” with industry professionals
- The CEC department has traditions of excellence: alumni include two university presidents, presidents and CEO’s of national and international companies
- Academic program is revised continually according to assessment from industry, alumni, students, and many other constituents; for example, a sustainability module was recently incorporated into our curriculum
- Our cutting-edge computer laboratories are modernized and upgraded regularly; equipped with software programs used by industry; new laptops for senior project teams.