Organizational Communication Minor
The Organizational Communication minor focuses on the nature of communication in the workplace. Students are furnished with instruction designed to enhance their ability to solve communication problems and to enhance their level of communication skill and development. Courses are designed to sensitize the student to the complexity of communication within organizations and provide a blend of applied theoretical knowledge, systematic skills instruction, and experienced-based instructional opportunities.
The Department of Communication offers a minor in Journalism and a minor in Organizational Communication. They are not open to department majors.
Required Courses (9 hours)
- COM 292 Organizational Communication – 3 hrs.
- COM 392 Case Studies in Organizational Communication – 3 hrs.
- COM 393 Small Group Communication – 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose 9 hours)
- COM 303 Rhetorical Perspectives in Organizational Communication – 3 hrs.
- COM 305 The Persuasive Process – 3 hrs.
- COM 315 Intercultural Communications Theory – 3 hrs.
- COM 416 Researching Organizational Cultures – 3 hrs.
- COM 394 Communication & Conflict Management – 3 hrs.
- COM 395 Interviewing Communication: Process & Strategy – 3 hrs.
- COM 396 Communication and Organizational Change – 3 hrs.
- COM 397 Virtual Team, Communication & Collaboration – 3 hrs.
- COM 398 Communication Training & Development – 3 hrs.
- COM 399 Computer-Mediated Communication – 3 hrs.
Total Hours Required for Minor: 18