English Honors Society
Sigma Tau Delta
- Advisor: Dr. Danielle Glassmeyer
- President: Emily Daniel
- Vice President: Lexi Lewandowski
- Vice President: Liz Cachey
- Secretary: Monica Gehn-Scheer
- Archivist: Emily Daniel
- Social Chair: Sarah McMahon
- Historian: Sarah Marshall
- English Club Representative: Jenny Cundiff
- Orientation and Open House for New Majors - Tuesday, Aug. 27 from 2:15-3 pm in Bradley Hall Room 250
- 4th Annual Student/Faculty Pizza Party - Wednesday, Sept. 18 from 5 to 7 pm in Bradley Hall Room 440
- Scholarship Information Meeting - Friday, Sept. 13 at 3 pm in Bradley Hall Room 388
- National Day on Writing - Sunday, Oct. 20, 4 pm, Location TBA
- Book Club - Next meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 1, 7 pm in Bradley Hall 222.
- Book Sale & Young Readers Book Drive - Book Sale will be held Oct. 16-18 on third floor of Bradley Hall
- Recitation Party - Thursday, Oct. 3, 6:00 to 7:30 pm in Bradley Hall Room 440
- T-Shirt Design Contest - Entries due in December
- Cookies & Cocoa - February 5, 3:00 to 5:00 pm, Bradley Hall Room 440
- Spring Smith Career Center Presentation
- Initiation Ceremony - Friday, April 4, 5:00 to 6:00 pm, Westlake Hall 116
- To confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate and professional studies.
- To promote interest in literature and the English language on local campuses and their surrounding communities.
- To foster the discipline of English in all its aspects, including creative and critical writing.
- Minimum of a B or equivalent average in English
- Rank in the highest 35% of one's class in general scholarship
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of 5 quarters of college work
- One-time international initiation fee
- Members receive Sigma Tau Delta's national electronic newsletter while they remain active in their local chapter
- Members have opportunity to contribute to the award-winning literary publications, The Rectangle and The Review
- Members are eligible to compete for scholarships with values up to $5,000
- Local chapters sponsor programs such as career nights, cook-outs and book drives
- President: Jolie Boerma
- Vice President: Katie Sterr
- Co-Secretary: Brianna Smith and Carla Dinnocenzo
- Social Chair: Emily Laidley
- President: Lyra Johnson
- Vice President: Anna Treesara
- Social Chair/Treasurer: Philip Choong
To view more previous officers, click HERE.