Phi Sigma Iota is the Foreign Language Honor Society; the Bradley University chapter is called Kappa Rho. Initiation into the chapter takes place in late spring of each academic year.
Eligible initiates should, as of the beginning of spring semester:
- have either declared major or minor in the foreign language department.
- have either junior or senior standing.
- have completed at least three 300-level courses in their major/minor area (which includes the FLL Introduction to Language course).
- have compiled a minimum 3.00 overall grade point average and a minimum 3.00 grade point average in the major/minor area coursework.
There is a one-time initiation fee, which covers the cost of membership initiation fees, pin, ribbon and a frameable certificate. After the first year, members are invited to become "Life Members" for $130.00.
A Life Membership entitles one:
- to be exempted from all future national dues;
- receive The Forum magazine publication and other official publications for life;
- eligibility in programs organized by the Society such as scholarships, grants, fellowships, trips, books, insurance, etc