Piano Accompanying Concentration
Students in the Piano Concentration are required to take 16 hours of Applied Music Piano for a maximum of 4 hours per semester. Students are also required to take 16 hours of Applied Music/accompanying techniques a maximum of 4 hours per semester.
- MUS 125 - Foreign Language Diction for Singers
- MUS 421 - Advanced Choral Conducting
- MUS 422 - Advanced Instrumental Conducting
- MUS 480 - Vocal Literature
- MUS 491 - Independent Study in Music
- Foreign language (French and German) - 7 hrs.
- Accompany two half recitals in junior year with a singer and an instrumentalist (solo recital may substitute for either one).
- Accompany two full recitals in senior year with a singer and an instrumentalist.