Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or the international equivalent, prior to beginning graduate study. See Minimum Eligibility Requirements for more information.
The Graduate School application requirements are listed below. Individual programs may require additional application materials and may have more selective admission requirements than those of the Graduate School; please refer to the Programs section of the Graduate Catalog for these requirements. Applicants must submit all documents to:
The Graduate School
1501 W. Bradley Ave.
Peoria, IL 61625
Admission Requirements for International Applicants Including F-1 Students Transferring from US Institutions
To help you manage your application and supporting documents, download the International Application Check Off List (pdf). For F-1 transfer students, please note the section below for additional requirements.
Graduate School Application
You may apply online. Apply Now!
A non-refundable application fee of $50, payable by check, demand draft, money order, or credit card to Bradley University, must accompany the Graduate School Application. Applications will not be processed until the fee has been received.
Applicants must provide a short admission essay on each of the following topics:
A) Explain achievements and work experience that you consider relevant to your interest in and capacity for graduate study.
B) Briefly state your career objectives and how the graduate program you have selected will assist you in attaining these goals.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Graduate School from individuals who can comment on the applicant's potential for success in a graduate program. Some programs require additional or specific letters of recommendation. Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for specific requirements. The request for letters of recommendation are sent electronically when you complete the online application.
The resume is not required by all programs, however it is very helpful in making admissions decisions and financial aid awards. A resume is required for students applying for assistantships and is recommended for all applicants.
Standardized Test Scores (GRE, GMAT or MAT)
Applicants must have official test scores sent directly to the Graduate School by the testing agency. Please check the Graduate Catalog to determine which test is required by the program you wish to pursue. Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070.
Transcripts, Marksheets and Proof of Degree
Official transcripts, sent directly from all post-secondary institutions attended, are required.
In the United States, a transcript is the name given to the official university report that lists the subjects, grades, dates of attendance and other information reflecting a student's academic performance in a specific university. In the US, a transcript is considered official only when it has been prepared by the registrar's office and submitted in a sealed envelope to another given office.
One set of official copies of transcripts, academic records, or university mark sheets should be sent directly from the academic institution (normally the registrar's office) to the Graduate School at Bradley University. Transcripts should reflect subjects and examination results on a year-by-year or semester-by-semester basis. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official translation. An explanation of the grading system should be included, if not noted on the document. A rank in class, or a student's position in relation to other students, is helpful. Certification of the degree and the date the degree was awarded is required as a separate document, unless this information is indicated on the "transcript" itself.
Applicants from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or any country using statements of marks, memorandum of marks, mark sheets, etc., are required to submit official (attested) copies of their annual and semester mark sheets from every examination session for all subjects passed, failed and repeated. These documents must be provided by the university registrar's office and mailed directly to the Graduate School. Consolidated mark sheets are not accepted. Transcripts prepared by the college or institute where the study has been completed are not accepted in place of university mark sheets. On a temporary basis we will accept university mark sheets that have been attested by the college or institute, if they are stamped, signed and submitted in a sealed, official envelope and prepared by an authorized official of the institute.
Applicants from China are required to submit official transcripts, graduation diploma, and degree certificate in Chinese with official, literal translations in English.
Please note: your transcript, degree certificate and graduation diploma must be verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). Please go to their website for further instructions: cqv.chinadegrees.cn/en or contact them at:
China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center
18th Floor, Tongfang Keji Building B
No. 1, Wangzhuang Road
Haidian District, Beijing 100083
English Language Proficiency (all non-native English speaking applicants)
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide proof of English language proficiency as demonstrated by a score of 79 iBT on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or by a score of 6.5 on the academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Bradley's institutional code for score reporting is 1070.
Transfer students must apply for admission to the Graduate School following normal procedures outlined above. Once you have been admitted to the Graduate School, it will be necessary to complete these additional steps;
- Inform the International Student Advisor (or Designated School Official) at the institution you are currently attending of your intention to transfer to Bradley University.
- Ask your International Student Advisor (or Designated School Official) to complete the Bradley form entitled: “Transfer Authorization Form for F-1 Students Transferring In to Bradley University” and to forward it to the two addresses indicated on the bottom of the form.
- Provide the Graduate School at Bradley University with the following items:
- Your current US address, phone number and e-mail address
- A copy of your current SEVIS I-20
- A copy of your passport identification, visa pages and I-94
- New financial certification documents as explained on the Bradley “Financial Information and Certification Form” available at www.bradley.edu/academics/grad/forms/fincert.pdf
- Your final, official transcript from the university you are currently attending, when available
- Request your current International Student Advisor (or Designated School Official) to designate you as a “transfer out” student in SEVIS and to notify us when this process has been completed. After you have reported to the Graduate School at Bradley and have provided acceptable financial documentation, your I-20 will be issued. The transfer process is finalized only after you have reported to our Graduate School and Multi Cultural Student Services offices, and have registered for classes at Bradley. If you have questions about the transfer procedures, contact your current International Student Advisor or our office, the Graduate School at: 309-677-2375.
Download the Transfer Form for International (F-1) Students
Passport ID pages
Financial Certification (International F-1 students only)
International applicants intending to enter the United States on an F-1 (student) visa are required to document the availability of funds to support their education and living costs for the extent of their program (two years). Fees and expenses are subject to change without notice. Required documentation includes:
- The Financial Information and Certification form
- A notarized Affidavit of Support from your financial sponsor specifically stating that your sponsor will provide at least US $28,000 each year for two years.
- An official bank statement (letter) indicating a current account balance of no less than US $28,000 must be submitted to the Graduate School. Capacity (capability) statements, solvency statements and accountancy reports are not accepted.
Credit Card Payment Form
This form must be completed and submitted with the application, express mail service or Record of Thesis forms when paying using a credit card. The credit card payment form must be signed or the application will not be processed.