Bradley Federal Depository profile:
Depository Library Number: 0159A. Federal Depository Type: Selective depository library. Type of Designation: Representative. Congressional District: Illinois 17th.
In 2016, the library became a digital only depository library for US government documents. Please use USA.gov or your favorite search tool to find federal government publications online.
Bradley Library is also one of the Illinois Depository Libraries.
Margaret Scott, email@example.com, (309) 677-3465.
Many government publications (also sometimes called government documents, or just documents) are being made available online. Use your favorite search engine, or search USA.gov and HathiTrust Digital Library.
The main library catalog provides information on all the materials that the library owns; videos, and music recordings, in addition to books.
I-Share is the shared catalog of the over 70 university and college libraries that belong to the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). You can use the I-Share catalog to see if books, videos or DVD’s are available for you to request to be sent here. (You use a different procedure to get copies of articles.) Items available in the I-Share catalog can be requested directly through a catalog link for delivery to Bradley at no charge.
Worldcat is the 3rd library catalog provided. Worldcat is catalog that lists what materials are available through thousands of libraries located all throughout the world. If a book, video or DVD is not available through the Bradley library or I-Share, then Worldcat has a built in form for borrowing the item through the interlibrary loan office.
For access to government publications not yet cataloged or integrated into the Library's general collections, it is necessary to use one of the following indexes.
- The Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications is a monthly listing of government publications, with indexing by Subject, Sudoc. #,Report #, Contract #, Stock #, Author, Title, and Title Keywords. The Monthly Catalog is cumulated annually. Cumulated subject and author indexes are available for Multi-year periods. (Ref. Z 1223 .A18)
- Monthly Catalog electronic versions contain the data from the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications from July 1976 on.
- Although there is an annual periodicals volume included in The Monthly Catalog, there's no article level indexing of government periodicals produced by the Government Printing Office. Many government periodicals are indexed in general periodical indexes, such as Academic Search Complete.
- The Cumulative Title Index to United States Public Documents, 1789-1976 (Ref. Z 1223 .Z7 L47, v.1-16) is an alphabetical listing, by title, of publications in the Public Documents Library of the Government Printing Office. It's a useful finding aid for older documents.
- WorldCat is an online union catalog of holdings in many U.S. and Canadian libraries. While not specifically an index to government publications, WorldCat can function as a useful adjunct to the indexes described above.