Want more info?
Dr. Paul Mehta
The Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Bradley’s Department of Mechanical Engineering offers an ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science program that prepares students for graduate school or immediate success as professional engineers. The Mechanical Engineering curriculum integrates design experiences into all levels of the program and into a majority of the professional courses. This culminates in a required comprehensive design experience which is satisfied by a year-long senior project and by the selection of an appropriate technical elective.
A Nationally Recognized Program
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Bradley’s Engineering programs among the Nation’s finest.
- Dr. Abou-Hanna has a grant from the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technology Education to develop engineering curricula using virtual instrumentation.
The program focuses on innovation and problem solving in such varied areas as energy, the environment, robotics, assistance for the handicapped, and air, land, sea, and space vehicles. Bradley’s Engineering curriculum is supported by a high-tech campus with state-of-the-art laboratory and computer facilities that utilize the latest in hardware and software technologies.
- Burkes Design Center
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- SAE Lab
- Instrumentation and Microprocessors Lab
- Materials Testing and Modeling Lab
- PC Lab
- Projects (Engines) Lab
- Robotics Lab
- Thermal (Heat Transfer) Lab
- Sun Workstation Lab
Dr. Marty Morris has three U.S. patents and has authored or co-authored more than fifteen articles in refereed journals.
- Dr. Paul Mehta has been published more than fifty times and has presented at more than thirty conferences and seminars.
Mechanical engineering is the broadest and most versatile of the engineering professions. In addition, engineering at Bradley prepares students for many other professions, with current alumni of the program upholding various positions including:
- patent attorneys
- chief executives
Bradley's Mechanical Engineering graduates enjoy a consistently strong job outlook, with strong placement rates and average starting salaries. Recent employers include:
- Boeing Company
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Komatsu North America
- BUTLER International