April 19, 2012
At approximately 10:46 p.m. on Thursday, Peoria Police responded to a reported armed robbery at Jimmy John's in the 1100 block of West Main Street. Suspect 1 entered the restaurant, displayed a handgun, fired a shot, and took an undetermined amount of cash. Suspect 2 did not enter the restaurant. Both suspects fled. No one inside the business was injured.
Suspect 1: black male, 6-foot-1 to 6-foot-2, dark complexion, wearing a dark hoody, pantyhose over his face, a light-colored T-shirt with orange
letters, and dark jeans. He was armed with a silver revolver.
Suspect 2: Unknown description
Peoria Police and Bradley Police immediately responded and searched the area. No suspects were located.
If anyone witnessed this incident or has further information, they are asked to contact the Bradley Police Department at 309-677-2000.
All Bradley University students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Report suspicious people immediately to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- Do not leave your property, vehicles or homes unsecured.
- Use the Student Patrol or Bradley Police Department escort programs by calling 309-677-2000. Programs operate during evening and night hours.
- Walk in pairs or groups, especially during the evening and night.
- Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones on a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys or parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact the Bradley Police Department.
- If approached, give up your property.
UPDATE: 04/28/2012 - Peoria Police arrested the two individuals responsible for the April 19 robbery at Jimmy John's restaurant on Main St.