Office of Access Services
The Office of Access Services (OAS) is committed to the fulfillment of equal educational opportunity, academic freedom and human dignity for students with disabilities. The OAS exists to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations for qualified students with documented disabilities, to assist students in self-advocacy, to educate the Bradley community about disabilities, and ensure compliance with federal and state law.
- To facilitate the highest levels of educational excellence and potential quality of life for students with disabilities.
- To support the institution’s academic standards.
- To achieve the highest levels of competence and integrity in all areas of assistance to students with disabilities. This support is guided by the consistent use of objective, professional judgment in all areas, especially when addressing the confidential nature of a student’s disability.
- To continually participate in professional activities and educational opportunities designed to strengthen the personal, educational, and vocational quality of life for students with disabilities. This includes the on-going development of strategies, skills, research, and knowledge pertinent to the highest quality of disability service delivery.
- To be actively engaged in supporting and clarifying institutional, state, and federal laws, policies, and procedures applicable to the delivery of services for students with disabilities.