The Smith Career Center provides comprehensive career services to students and alumni and state-of-the-art recruitment assistance to employers. The programs and services offered are innovative and responsive to current trends and economic conditions affecting the job market and career opportunities.
With the help of the Smith Career Center students can explore and define career options, develop job search strategies, obtain career-related work experience and identify and connect with prospective employers. The Center provides individual career advisement, job search workshops, a career information library with a database of over 2 million employers nationwide, a one-credit course in job search strategy, several job fairs, a graduate/professional school fair, and campus interviews with prospective employers. Additionally, extensive web-based resources are available to help students explore career information, job availability, employer information, and networking with Bradley alumni and parents.
Many Bradley students gain a competitive advantage by participating in career-related work experiences prior to graduation. Through internships, cooperative education, and summer or part-time employment, students have opportunities for professional development which integrate classroom theory with supervised work experience.
Several hundred employers visit the Bradley campus each year to participate in job fairs and conduct interviews with candidates. Employers are eager to hire Bradley students and graduates because of the many skills and attributes that were developed during their years at Bradley. Career-related experiences, leadership positions, team projects, computer expertise and communication skills are described on the resumes of most Bradley students and are viewed very favorably by employers.
The Smith Career Center assists students in:
- Exploring and defining career options
- Developing job search strategies
- Obtaining career-related work experience and
- Identifying and connecting with prospective employers
The Smith Career Center assists employers in:
- Gaining visibility within the Bradley community
- Sharing career information with students
- Achieving a more diverse work force
- Promoting cooperative education, internship, and part-time positions
- Connecting with candidates for full-time positions
- Assessing candidates for employment opportunities through testing
Bradley University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and the promotion of equal opportunities for all persons regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. The University also is committed to compliance with all applicable laws regarding non-discrimination, harassment and affirmative action.
Resource Review Request
Thank you for contacting the Bradley University Smith Career Center for consideration of your resource. The Smith Career Center receives numerous requests from vendors and we have developed a centralized review process for all career related resources.
- Vendor Resource Review Request Form if you have a product or service for us to review (ex., software, tools, etc. that are not links to other sites).
- Link Request Form if you have a link that your organization would like to be considered for our web site.
The Smith Career Center staff review requests two (2) times per year -- December and May. Only vendors who have completed the appropriate form in its entirety will be considered.