Job Fair Tips
We know your time on our campus is important. Our goal is to help you reach the greatest number of students during each visit. We invite you to consider these ideas as you make plans to attend a Job Fair.
- Post a job listing on our web site inviting interested candidates to visit your booth to learn more information. Or, if you prefer, e-mail the listing to us and we'll do the data entry for you.
- View resumes of potential candidates using our web resume book. Send letters or e-mails to candidates in advance inviting them to stop by your table.
- Align your initial screening interviews with our fair in order to quickly follow-up with top candidates. Build a schedule at the fair to interview students that evening, the next day, or a date 2-3 weeks after the fair. Contact us at (309) 677-2510 to schedule.
- Sign up as a job fair sponsor. Let the Smith Career Center staff help advertise your visit through special recognition and advertising activities. For more information contact Molly Drenckpohl (email@example.com) at (309) 677-3038.
- Make contact by phone or e-mail with a Smith Career Center advisor. Explain your employment opportunities to the advisor and provide a brief informational handout for the advisor to distribute during class visits or student appointments prior to the fair.
- Purchase an ad in Bradley's campus weekly newspaper, The Scout, to announce your visit. Contact them at (309) 677-3067 or at their e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask your Bradley interns to distribute company information before the fair. Invite them to assist you at your booth during the fair.
- Volunteer to assist with one of the job search events led by the SCC staff. Contact Rick Smith (email@example.com) at (309) 677-2510 to inquire about potential topics.