Make sure you print out a campus map so you know where your student's residence hall is located.
Move-In Day schedule
The residence halls will open for move-in on the Saturday and Sunday before the first day of classes for the fall semester. We recommend that students move-in on Saturday sometime before 4 p.m., and suggest parents plan to leave campus prior to 6 p.m. This will allow students to take part in all the Welcome Week activities with their residence halls. More detailed information will be available in the summer.
On Saturday, pull up to your student's residence hall, fraternity and sorority members will help you unload your opened car. Make sure to clearly mark all boxes and belongings with your students’ name and room number. Once your car is unloaded, find a parking spot and enjoy the rest of the day helping unpack your students room!
Move-In day office hours
- Admissions (Sat: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Controller’s (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. )
- Center for Student Development and Health Services (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Financial Assistance (Sat: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Housing (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Registrar’s Office (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Residential Life (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Student Judicial System (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Student Affairs (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Student Involvement (Sat: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sun: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
Questions about residence life
For a list of frequently asked questions check out Residential Living
Getting the most out of your visit
Seeing and experiencing the University first-hand is the best way to familiarize yourself with all that we have to offer, and to feel comfortable about your student ’s new “home away from home.” We suggest some of the following activities to help everyone feel at ease:
- Bring your camera, take pictures!
- Drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest.
- Join another student and their family to take a walk around the campus and locate some of the offices, and/or classrooms, your student will be going to during the upcoming semester.
- Suggest a short outing off-campus to a local store or restaurant to learn about the Peoria area.
ATMs on Campus are located outside the Bookstore, and in the Michel Student Center.