The Steering Committee will consist of the Provost, the Director for Institutional Improvement, the Chair of the Senate General Education subcommittee of C&R, two representatives from each college appointed by their Dean, a representative from the Library, a representative from Student Affairs, a representative from the Student Senate, and other appointees as deemed necessary. The Director for Institutional Improvement and the Chair of the Senate General Education subcommittee of C&R chair will serve as co-chairs of the Steering Committee. Each member of the Steering Committee will serve as liaison to one of the subcommittees.
- Kelly McConnaughay, Associate Dean of Liberal Arts & Sciences, co-chair
- Jenny Gruening, Director of Institutional Improvement, co-chair
- Jeries Abou-Hanna, Mechanical Engineering, EGT
- Larry Aspin, Political Science, LAS
- Dean Cantu, Teacher Education, EHS
- Barbara Galik, Library
- David Glassman, Provost, ex-officio
- Bernie Goitein, Business Management & Administration, FCB
- Steve Heinemann, Music, CFA
- Brian Huggins, Electrical Engineering, EGT
- Dawn Koeltzow, Smith Career Center
- Samantha Pallini, Student
- Robert Prescott, English, LAS
- Vince Showers, Associate Dean, FCB
- Jobie Skaggs, Counseling, EHS
- Dan Smith, Communications, CFA
- Review final recommendations from Subcommittees 3, 4 and 5
- Review End-of-Semester Reports from subcommittees and feedback from campus, including individual and unit level feedback
- Refine or adopt current draft recommendations from Subcommittees 3, 4 and 5
- Develop multiple (target 2-4) program templates that integrate learning outcomes, models and other curricular and co-curricular elements as appropriate
- Develop document articulating draft program templates, reasoning behind program, program goals, etc.
- Plan release of draft program templates to campus
- Develop mechanisms to obtain campus input
- Prepare proposal to Curriculum & Regulations (C&R) subcommittee of University Senate
The Steering Committee will be responsible for coordinating the general education review/revision process, and for developing the resulting proposal to C&R.
Comments & Questions
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the work of this committee, please visit the Comments & Questions section of this website.