Subcommittee 2 - Accreditation and Programmatic Requirements
Subcommittee #2 shall consist of a representative from each college appointed by their Dean, a representative from admissions/transfer admissions, a member of the General Education Subcommittee, the Director of Institutional Improvement, and other appointees as deemed necessary. The subcommittee chair will be selected by the subcommittee, and a member of the Steering Committee will act as liaison between the subcommittee and the Steering Committee.
- Molly Cluskey, Nursing, EHS, Chair
- Justin Ball, Enrollment Management
- Jenny Gruening, Director of Institutional Improvement, liaison to steering committee
- Charles West, Business Management & Administration, FCB, liaison to SC 1
- Wayne Bosma, Chemistry & Biochemistry, LAS
- Pat Bower, Transfer Admissions
- Cindy Brubaker, Nursing, EHS
- Herb Kasube, Mathematics, LAS (Sabbatical replacement for WB Fall 2013)
- Jean Marie Grant, Teacher Education, EHS
- Seth Katz, English, LAS
- Andrew Kelley, Philosophy, LAS
- Julie Reyer, Mechanical Engineering, EGT
- Robert Rowe, Art, CFA
- Continue reviewing program drafts and the final program prior to submission to C&R to ensure consistency with curricular requirements, accreditor requirements, and Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and high school dual credit requirements and practices
- Analyze implications for IAI, AP, IB, CLEP and high school dual credit requirements and for transfer articulation
- Align the proposed programs with current program for review by accreditation experts to ensure needs are being met
- Respond to draft program templates, other recommendations and documents, and requests from the Steering Committee
- Subcommittee #2 shall:
- Identify program specific accreditation criteria or curricular requirements with regard to general education requirements.
- Compile the specifics of the general education requirements applicable to the programs identified in (A) as well as the HLC general education mandates.
- Compile the general education transfer guidelines, including IAI, for new and continuing students.
- Compile the requirements applicable to earning general education course credit through AP, IB, dual-credit courses from high school transcripts, and CLEP.
- Subcommittee #2 shall analyze compiled data to:
- Identify general education curricular components common to programmatic accreditation or curricular requirements.
- Identify inconsistencies in the general education requirements among programs.
- Determine the flexibility needed in general education requirements to accommodate specialized programmatic accreditation or curricular requirements.
- Subcommittee #2 shall submit:
- The inventory summarizing accreditation and programmatic constraints (data from 2.A) to programmatic accreditation experts by midterm Fall 2012 semester.
- The inventory to the GESC by the end of Fall 2012 semester.
- Submit a report on its findings and recommendations (data from 2b and c) to the GESC in the first quarter of 2013.
- Subcommittee #2 shall review general education revision plans as they develop, and ensure that the plans are consistent with accreditation guidelines. They will also alert programs and/or departments (see 1.E) that will be significantly impacted by proposed changes to the general education program.
Comments & Questions
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the work of this subcommittee, please visit the Comments & Questions section of this website.