Become an ICSS Member!
1. Stay current on what’s new in social studies education!
2. Make social studies contacts across the state:
• Networking at the Annual Conferences.
• Regional Drive-In Conferences.
• Direct line to the ICSS Board of Directors through Area Representatives.
3. Receive new materials, texts, up-to-date research, and lesson ideas through the ICSS Newsletter, The Councilor: The Journal of the Illinois Council for the Social Studies, and conferences.
4. Learn about professional grants, fellowships, and conferences.
5. Apply for the ICSS Small Grants for Teachers Program which supports teachers who develop curriculum materials.
6. Achieve recognition for outstanding social studies programs and teaching:
• ICSS Teacher-of-the-Year Awards
• ICSS nominates exemplary departments, schools, or districts for recognition by NCSS.
7. Obtain help with the textbook evaluation and selection process by meeting with major publishers at the ICSS Annual Conference.
For more information as well as an application for membership, please click the link below:
Please note: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader or Apple Preview to view the membership form.