The 18 to 21-hour game design minor is open to majors in the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems and the Department of Interactive Media. The minor teaches the design, storytelling, and production foundations of game development. Courses focus on the game development process, from concept development to story narrative and production of game audio and video.
Required Courses - 12 hrs.
- IM 113: Introduction to Interactive Media ‐ 3 hrs.
- IM 150: Fundamentals of Interactive Design ‐ 3 hrs.
- IM 288: Game Design I - 3 hrs.
- IM 388: Game Design II ‐ 3 hrs.
- IM 389: Game Production II - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose two) - 6 hrs.
- IM 459: Computer Game Capstone Project - 3 hrs.
- IM 489: Advanced Game Capstone - 6 hrs.
Total hours: 18