University-wide Assessment Team
I. University-Wide Assessment Team
The Bradley University-wide Assessment Team was formed in November 2008 to work on the Assessment of Student Learning Project through Bradley University’s involvement in The Higher Learning Commission’s Academy for the Assessment of Student Learning. The primary purposes of this Committee are to lead university-wide assessment initiatives and to support academic and other units in developing and implementing their assessment plans. Through our work on that project and the increasing need on campus for more connected assessment processes, the responsibilities of the committee has grown into the following formal charge:
- The University-wide Assessment Team will be responsible for the following campus-wide assessment activities.
- The Committee will continue its work on University-Wide Assessment through assessing The Bradley Experience. The Committee will select or design and administer appropriate assessment instruments, and disseminate the results to the campus community. Assessment will encompass curricular and co-curricular areas and data will be shared accordingly. The Committee will also submit Recommendations Reports to the Provost.
- The Committee will review unit-level assessment plans submitted in annual reports. The Committee will provide formative feedback to departments on their assessment plans.
- The Committee will be engaged in academic program review to further facilitate ongoing evaluation and improvement of assessment plans. In consultation with the Provost, the Committee will act as internal reviewers of unit-level assessment plans for those units going through any academic program review. For departments with programmatic accreditation, an internal review process of assessment plans will occur in conjunction with its accreditation review.
- The Committee will facilitate campus-wide conversations and workshops about assessment. The Committee will work with the Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning to identify professional development opportunities. Options may include bringing external speakers to campus or highlighting successful assessment stories from across campus.
- The Committee will advocate for assessment activities and resources as needed.
- The Committee will collaborate with the Core Curriculum Committee on assessment-related activities, facilitating data sharing across the two committees.
- The Committee will be available to undertake special assessment projects as needed.
- The Committee will provide reports to the University community annually through web page and Sakai postings and updates.
- The University-Wide Assessment Committee is a Committee that reports to the Provost and will provide reports and updates to the University Senate
- Committee Membership. The committee will consist of:
- The Director of Institutional Effectiveness, who will serve as chair;
- The Associate Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences and chair of the Core Curriculum Committee;
- The Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs;
- The Bradley Core Curriculum Assessment Coordinator;
- 5) Five faculty members appointed from the full-time faculty of their respective colleges for three-year terms:
- One faculty member from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, appointed by the Dean;
- One faculty member from the Caterpillar College of Engineering, appointed by the Dean;
- One faculty member from the Slane College of Communication and Fine Arts, appointed by the Dean;
- One faculty member from the Foster College of Business, appointed by the Dean;
- One faculty member from the College of Education and Health Sciences, appointed by the Dean;
- One member from the Graduate School, appointed by the Dean for a three-year term;
- One member from Student Affairs, appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs for a three-year term.
- The Committee will form additional subcommittees or task groups as needed.
2021-2022 Committee Membership
|Members||Term Expires (May)|
|Jenny Gruening Burge
Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Executive Director Smith Career Center Assistant Vice President Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies