Campus Communication Channels
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to submit announcements, news, calendar items, and story ideas to the Office of Public Relations as it acts as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of information to Bradley constituencies including all media. Staff members will consult with campus groups to determine the best channels to use to reach the desired internal and external audience(s).
Services and Contacts
B-News - weekday transmission via email to faculty and staff
- This is the preferred method for mass distribution of internal email messages and announcements rather than individuals using global address books or long lists of email addresses to send event and program information to faculty and staff.
- When submitting for B-News postings, please:
- Know your intended audience (should be faculty and/or staff).
- List the time, place and location (if applicable).
- Add necessary deadlines for reservations.
- Include a brief description. We'll edit it for you.
- Requests should be sent to email@example.com (minimum of two weeks in advance is preferred).
Media Releases - statements prepared for local, regional or national media
- When requesting a media release, please note:
- We cannot guarantee placement by the media.
- If you recently had something published or were in the news, share it with us! We can help give it an even further reach.
- Requests for media releases should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum of two weeks in advance is preferred).
- Once information about a story, event or notice is sent to media, they may share the information, attend the event for footage, promote participation or request an interview.
- Recent Bradley University media releases can be viewed on:
Media Logistics - scheduling of and preparation for media interviews
- Scheduling of interviews:
- If you receive requests for interviews from the media, please forward them to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparation for interviews:
Merit – online platform used to disseminate student achievements
- Learn more about Merit.
Digital Monitors - monitors around campus that may be used to display announcements
- When requesting a displayed image, please:
- Submit image(s) that are 1920 x 1080 pixels at 72 pixels per inch (PPI); landscape orientation and jpeg format.
- Send image(s) to email@example.com (minimum of two weeks in advance is preferred).
- Also note, video and animation are not available.
Calendar of Events - web-based listing of campus events
- When submitting to the University Calendar, please note:
Social Media (Newsroom) - Facebook and Twitter posts that feature Bradley news stories
- Follow us @BradleyNewsroom.
Employing the communication services of the Office of Public Relations will result in effective, consistent, and efficient distribution of information to University constituencies and will reduce redundant and unsolicited communications. We thank you for working with us.