Absences and Emergencies

Bereavement Issues or Emergencies

When a Bradley University student needs to miss classes due to an emergency or death in his or her family, the student needs to contact the Center for Student Support Services, studentsupport@bradley.edu or call (309) 677-3910

In the cases when a student will miss class due to a bereavement issue, the student may need to provide appropriate documentation to the Center for Student Support Services regarding their absence.

In the case of an extended illness, hospitalization, or chronic illness which has affected the student’s class attendance, the student will need to contact Bradley Health Services directly.  When appropriate, Bradley Health Services will notify the Center for Student Support Services regarding a student’s class absences.  We will then notify professors of the time period the student will be absent and the reason for the absence.

Leave of Absence

If a student chooses to take a semester off from school, he/she may petition for a Leave of Absence.  The student must be in good standing both academically and judicially to petition.  The petition must be completed and turned into the Registrar’s Office BEFORE the first day of the semester for which the student wishes to take the leave.  The petition must be submitted to the Dean’s Office of the student’s major (see link above).

Students on a leave of absence may NOT enroll in classes at another institution, including community colleges.

A Leave of Absence “holds your place” at the University. Your financial aid remains intact and you do not have to apply for readmission.